I put the flowers and pin on a double tag. The first tag was made by using some recycled acrylic or plastic sheeting that was on some toys and other items I had purchased. I cut them with my cricut (this worked great!) then embossed them using my cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. White cardstock tags backed the tags.
Friday, December 31, 2010
My Flowers for January Flower Swap at the Beach
Lyla is back hosting her flower swap for January, and since it is my Birthday month I decided I really wanted to participate. The address for the "Beach" is www.thescrapbeach.ning.com . For the swap I created 3 flowers, white (sorta...silver works doesn't it...lol), aqua and purple. We were also asked to create a stick pin to match. I used my die cuts with my Big Kick to make most of the flower shapes as well as some of my regular punches. I did have some problems with the colors after I was finished....the purple actually looks pink in certain lights...not sure why that happened but overall I was satisified with the look. I then applied Glossy Accents and Diamond dust to create the wintry and icy effect that I wanted.