My Flowers for January Flower Swap at the Beach

Lyla is back hosting her flower swap for January, and since it is my Birthday month I decided I really wanted to participate. The address for the "Beach" is www.thescrapbeach.ning.com . For the swap I created 3 flowers, white (sorta...silver works doesn't it...lol), aqua and purple. We were also asked to create a stick pin to match. I used my die cuts with my Big Kick to make most of the flower shapes as well as some of my regular punches. I did have some problems with the colors after I was finished....the purple actually looks pink in certain lights...not sure why that happened but overall I was satisified with the look. I then applied Glossy Accents and Diamond dust to create the wintry and icy effect that I wanted.

I put the flowers and pin on a double tag. The first tag was made by using some recycled acrylic or plastic sheeting that was on some toys and other items I had purchased. I cut them with my cricut (this worked great!) then embossed them using my cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. White cardstock tags backed the tags.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shades of Green!

Welcome to our Blog Hop! Day 1

"Tis the Season to Hop" Day 2!