To my surprise! I read my comments this weekend and I am the recipient of this award from 2 different fellow crafters! I am really honored that they thought of me because I find their work to always be stunning and original.
The first one is from Paula at http://cropnotesandcrafts.blogspot.com/ , she is also one of the Glitzyglamourgals http://www.gggals.blogspot.com/ I met Paula, Tammy, Maria and Kim at their ustream Christmas Crop in December and I have never had such a wonderful time! They were welcoming and fun with lots of projects and prizes! After meeting them on ustream I looked up their youtube channels and found that Paula was one person on youtube that i had been watching her videos! I particularly love her videos on How to make charms and paper clips! Check out all her videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/laughingstamper#p/u Thank you so much for thinking of me Paula! You are Awesome!
There is another crafty and talented lady on youtube and on the blogs...and her name is Elsa! She is one person that I would definitely send this Blogger Award to ...but she beat me to it! Elsa does a lot of beautiful minis but she also does some wonderful Art pieces! I know you all have seen my numerous blogs about her ...I really do like her work! She is the Folding Queen! I have actually just completed a mini album using her wraparound technique and I am so happy with how it turned out! I will post that item another time.lol Check out her blog at http://justafewdesigns.blogspot.com/ and her youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JustafewDesigns
Now to pay it forward! I am to tell you 8 things about myself and then list 8 talented ladies and fellow bloggers!
1. After 17 years of secretarial/medical I decided to go back to school to become a HairStylist...at the age of 43! And I do not regret it and love it!
2. I am always late! Well except for the times my sister or children have had to have anything medical related. The "joke" in my family is that I will be late for my own funeral! I have made arrangements with my husband to have the last laugh...When I "pass" many many many years from now, he is to wait until everyone is seated for my funeral and then they can wheel me in!
3. I am the Queen of lists! I make lists for everything. Probably comes from my years of being an Executive Assistant to a CEO. Sometimes this is a good thing and other times it just drives my family crazy! As long as there are post its or notebooks I will be a happy camper!
4. I can't draw a straight line but I love to craft! That is why all those wonderful tools are created to do it for me!
5. I love to watch Deadliest Catch, Ice Road Truckers and Whale Wars. I have no political stance on these shows I just like to watch them. Oh, and I can't forget Hoarders! Oh my goodness! I watch that show and immediately go clean out a closet and throw away/giveaway a bag of stuff! Motivates me I guess! lol
6. Both of my daughters Cassandra and Amanda are now engaged! One will be getting married in Vegas by an Alice Cooper Impersonator and the other will do a traditional wedding! I get the best of both worlds! lol
7. I have a fear of death but am facinated by Cemetery's. My Husband's birthday is October 31 and we live across the road from a Cemetery...hhmmm
8. I lost my Mother Valentines Day 2010 but am determined to celebrate Valentines Day. It is what my mother always wanted me to do and would still want me to do. I never celebrated it much before because everyday is Valentines Day with my husband Mikel. I know that sounds corny but it is so true!
Before we get to my list...The first person I would have chosen is Sandy Reeves, my sister! She started me scrapbooking and has created a monster! lol She has made shelves full of scrapbooks and has recently been converted to do minis and cards as well! Check out her blog and show her some love! http://sandyreeves.blogspot.com/ She asked that I not include her in the 8 ladies because she has not been up to doing a lot of blogging so I figured I would at least do a mention! Both Sandy and our older Sister Donna are very talented and wonderful crafters and have been for years!
Now for the 8 ladies
1 Kathryn from The (Scrap) Beach http://www.thescrapbeach.blogspot.com/
Kathryn was actually the first person that I started following on youtube, check it out http://www.youtube.com/user/desdichaedo ! Her mini albums and layouts are stunning! She does paperbag minis, gatefolds, tag minis and altered art. Her Prima Pastiche album on youtube has had over 35,ooo views! She never ceases to amaze me with her creativity and talent. She is also the creator of The (Scrap) Beach ning site! It is a phenomenal pla ce to be! http://www.thescrapbeach.ning.com/ !
2 Anna Fearer http://annafearer.blogspot.com/ OMG! This girl is totally out of this world with Talent! She has so much enthusiasm and her flowers are just gorgeous! I could see them at weddings, formal parties as well as simply decorating your home, scrapbooks and projects!
3 Zeffy http://zeffysblog.blogspot.com/ Is my new friend from Athens Greece! She has been doing ustreams for her friends in Greek language and has now started a ustream for us English speaking gals! I used to go to her ustreams and just watch...even though i couldn't understand what she was saying I loved her work!
4 Rita Hutcheson Cobbs http://www.ritahutchesoncobbs.blogspot.com/ Rita is probably one of the first persons I met on the (scrap) Beach! She supports me on my blog and continues to inspire me with her projects, layouts and creativity! She is one Awesome lady!
5 Jolanda Simons http://www.jolandascrapsels.blogspot.com/ is from the Netherlands and I have just found her on the http://www.scrapbookchallenges.ning.com/ Her blog teaches me that scrapbooking is universal and outreaches language barriers. She has some truly stunning layouts!
6 Sherry from Alberta Canada! http://www.canadiancandy.blogspot.com/ This is actually a newly found blog that I was just blown away by! She makes the most incredible flowers, ornaments and tags as well! check her out!
7 PeggyAnne from the (Scrap) Beach. I met Peg during a flower swap with Lyla New at the beach. Every time I get place in Pegs group as a recipient of her flowers I do the "Happy Dance" her flowers are unique and so beautiful! She also does great minis!
8 Dawn Edwards http://craftingontheprairie.blogspot.com/
Design team member for Sugar creek Hollow, Pricillastyles and Midnight madness and has major talent for not only cards, layouts but her minis are totally awesome!
It has been so difficult to choose just 8...and a lot of people do not have blogs but I so enjoy my scrapbooking communities. I have recently joined http://www.scrapbookchallenges.ning.com/ to help me stay motivated to complete more page layouts! That is my goal for 2011!
Thank you all so much!