My Grandmother

This is a layout I was going to do for a crop challenge on the Scrap Beach but couldn't put it together in time. I tired to do other photos with the chosen papers hoping to postpone this one of my Grandmother because quite frankly she and I just didn't bond. I think I was 7 or 8 when she died so I just didn't know a lot about her so I was dreading this page. Everytime I would search for different photos of other family members this one would fall out or I would find myself drawn back to it. So I decided that once I was out of my scrappers block I would do this page. I haven't completed the journaling yet but will do this sometime this week. I was worried about what to write because she always seemed so upset with me. My oldest sister told me that I should journal as though my dad was still alive and would read it...that was a pretty heavy thought but this was his Mother and he loved her dearly. I loved her as my grandmother but we just didn't get to love each other as we should have. I guess in doing this page I laid to rest the animosity or fear I felt for her and was able to make a page that I would be proud for my Dad to see. I feel this is a heartfelt tribute to this woman who raised 11 sons and had numerous grandchildren.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shades of Green!

Welcome to our Blog Hop! Day 1

"Tis the Season to Hop" Day 2!